Friday 8 December 2023

Learning Reflection of NPDL

 Week 9.


Final Learning Reflection-

Planning

Our Project Planner > Here

Looking back at the planning we did at the start, I think that we were not prepared as much as we liked to think we were. We had our questions down but no other plans were made. We made our own plans in our head but never relayed it into the document.

Having had the experience of this project, if I was planning another project I would try to focus more. I wasn't all that enthusiastic as I didn't want to do this and would prefer to do a project over a different topic instead of electricity and power.


Process



Time Management and Workflow 


Looking back at how well we planned and then recorded each week;s and day's work and managed our time, I think that we could have done more but weren't interested in doing this topic of electricity and power to the people in Otaki. Our time management was not that well as we would not do our tasks on certain days and such.


Another time, I would probably be the same if we do another project in a topic I don't like. I will do my work but I won't make sure it's all the best and perfect for our presentation. I enjoy other topics and wish we had more of a variety instead of just electricity and power.


Our Research Process



Our Research Planner > Here


Looking at our research and comparing it to what other groups did, I think that we could have filled it out in the document and tables. We had issued a book from the library- the title of it being 'Power to the People' which is our overall project. We had recorded down some paragraphs in our own words to use them in our slideshow but they never made it.


Another time, I would record what books or websites we had used to help us on our work and project. I can't remember most of the websites we had used but there was the maximum of three. Our research could have been more organised and such.



Planning and Preparing our Presentation


Our Presentation Ideas > Here


Looking back now at how we planned and prepared our presentation, I think we could have taken our document more seriously and written down what we had planned on doing for our presention.


Another time, I would try to record our ideas before we moved onto research so that we could go back to the original ideas for our presentation and the thoughts of our things.



Showcase Day

 

Our Slideshow > Here


Our showcase day was not how we planned it to go. We had taken down our board because it looked messy and unorganized like all of the other cardboard presentations put up. It was put back up despite our disagreement with it. 


My positives for Showcase Day were looking at the other presentations because some were interesting.


Another time I would try and make our presentation more clean and not so creased or discolored. Even though it was group decision to paint our board pink and black.


Reflection on the Project


1. What skills did you use, learn or develop during this project which will be helpful in your life beyond school?


I don't know. I don't see of how this is supposed to be helpful in my life later on. Skills wise did I learn anything to help me with my life learning?



2. Would you like to do more of this kind of learning next year?


No, I would not. It was not fun, I didn't like the topic.

3. What did you learn from this process that will help with future projects?


To be organised and tidy.

4. What advice would you give to the teachers if they are running this or something similar in the future?


To actually have a topic that we're interested in like. Music and Psychos.










No comments:

Post a Comment